Have you been thinking about enrolling for class, but you didn't want to take a class that's midway through a choreography?
Maybe you're an experienced flamenco student who wants to brush up on technique?
Maybe you want a really good deal to pay one price to attend any and all of our classes, carte blanche?
This session it's yes, yes, and yes to any and all of the questions above.
So many of our classes this session will be teaching technique only (rather than technique plus choreography) that this session is a great chance to do one of the following:
1) Get back into flamenco class at any level (from beginner through serious intermediate) without having to catch up on a choreography.
2) Take your very first flamenco class, or get back into it after just a couple of months of previous classes.
3) Enroll for our Unlimited Pass, where you can attend any and all classes on the schedule at one low price of $216 for the session.
4) Talk to Rosetta about taking private lessons in order to reach a personal goal that you have for your dancing.
This summer, Rosetta is personally teaching almost every class on the schedule (with the exception of the Saturday 12noon Fundamentals 2 class). So, to those of you for whom only a teacher with 15 years of full-time experience teaching flamenco will do -- we've got you covered.
What's a "technique-only" class?
Technique-only classes focus on perfecting your braceo, vueltas, and taconeo as well as learning brief combinations of steps (but not a full, progressively taught choreography).
Rosetta is teaching technique-only classes at the following levels this summer:
- Basic 3 (students with at least 18 months of previous flamenco study) on Thursdays 7:15-8:15pm
- Pre-Intermediate (students with at least 2 years of previous flamenco study) on Tuesdays 7:15-8:15pm
- Intermediate (students with at least 3 years of previous flamenco study) on Wednesdays 6:15-7:15pm
Are you a beginner? We've got you covered, too:
For beginners, the following classes are on the schedule:
- Fundamentals 1 on Thursdays 6:15-7:15pm
- Fundamentals 2 (for those who have completed 6 weeks in Fundamentals 1) on Saturdays 12-1pm
- Basic 1 (for those who have completed at least 12 weeks of previous flamenco classes) on Thursdays 8:15-9:15pm
Here's how to enroll:
If you're ready to enroll, click this link to the Flamenco Classes & Events page on flamencochicago.com.
All you have to do is scroll down past the description of how our class scheduling works, find the list of class descriptions, click the text link for the class you want, and once you're on the page that describes your class, click the Add to Cart button to enroll.
For the Unlimited Class Pass, click here to read more about it, and get your pass, if you wish.
Not sure which class would be best for you?
Click here and let us know about your level of previous experience in flamenco, and about any concerns you have. We'll get back in touch with recommendations.